Rent-A-Center is a large retailer with over 12,300 employees in the U.S. who provides an easy, affordable way for people to furnish their homes without incurring a continuing obligation and without needing access to credit. They implemented Teladoc January 1, 2011 and provided its services to their staff of over 12,300 employees.
Why they chose telehealth
Due to store geography, Rent-A-Center employees sought non-emergent care at the ER of local hospitals. Rent-A-Center was looking for a convenient and affordable healthcare solution to reduce ER utilization and cut their medical expenses.
- Employees pay an additional $1.50 per month as part of their health plan contribution. Funds are earmarked for the Consult Bank.
- 100% employee participation is required.
- Rent-A-Center pays the consultation fee from the Consult Bank in order to increase utilization of the Teladoc service. Additional consults are paid by Rent-A-Center.
- Unused funds from the Consult Bank help offset the PEPM.
- Teladoc contact information included on the back of health plan ID cards.
- Teladoc mentioned in the employee benefit book.
- Teladoc explained in open enrollment presentations.
- Posters displayed in store locations.
- Postcard campaigns communicating the benefits of Teladoc and seasonal messaging for cold, flu and allergies.
How they saved with Teladoc
- 6,906 consultations
- $1,289,359 total savings
* Based on Teladoc reporting. Individual results may vary.