One of the toughest things anyone can go through is walking into a routine physical checkup without a concern in the world, and then finding out you have a chronic illness such as diabetes, need surgery, or have been diagnosed with cancer. Suddenly you’re battling worry, doubt, and confusion and don’t know where to turn, what to do, or who to talk to.
As part of your Teladoc benefits, you have access to our expert medical opinion service. A specialist can review your case and make recommendations about your care. A second opinion can help put your mind at ease and give you confidence to pursue a course of treatment.
Check out these short videos featuring Dr. Heather Towery, Teladoc Health’s vice president of clinical strategy, and Dr. David Harrison, medical director and VP of clinical quality, as they answer questions about second opinions and share expertise that can help you manage a critical diagnosis:
- Dr. Towery, tell us more about you and how getting a second opinion can help.
- Dr. Harrison, what advice do you have for someone who has just been diagnosed with a disease or illness?
- What do you like about practicing medicine and how do you make a decision about treatment with a second opinion?
- Can you give us an example of how a second opinion helped a Teladoc member?
Working with Teladoc’s expert medical opinion service is a simple three-step process:
- Get started: Call us at 800-835-2362.
- Talk with a specialist: The nurse assigned to your case will guide you through the process and collect your medical records.
- Get answers: You will receive a report containing an expert’s recommendations and advice that you can share with your treating physician.
Whether you or an eligible dependent is unsure about a diagnosis, needs helps deciding on treatment, or would like guidance when facing a serious surgery, you can rely on Teladoc to help.
This portion of the Teladoc website occasionally offers health, fitness, and nutritional information and is provided for educational purposes only. You cannot rely on any information provided here as a substitute for or replacement of professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Teladoc cannot assure that the information contained on this site always includes the most recent findings or developments with respect to the particular subject matter covered.
If you ever have any concerns or questions about your health, you should always consult with a physician or other healthcare professional. Do not disregard, avoid, or delay obtaining medical or health-related advice from your healthcare professional because of something you may have read on this site. The use of any information provided on this site is solely at your own risk.
If you are in the United States and think you are having a medical or health emergency, call your healthcare professional, or 911, immediately.