Whether you’ve gone back to work or are at home with the baby, there is no doubt—24 hours go by a lot faster when there’s a little one to take care of! No matter how busy you are, though, it’s still important to figure out how to get balanced meals on the table.
Here are three easy and nutritious meals-for-two ideas that will be ready faster than you could order a pizza (and cost less too!). And the best part is that they are so simple you don’t even need a recipe.
- Heat a jar of low-sodium pasta sauce in a medium saucepan.
- Crack 4 eggs into the sauce, leaving space between each one.
- Cover with a lid and simmer until eggs are poached, about 8 to 12 minutes.
- Divide eggs and sauce into two bowls.
- If desired, serve with whole grain bread or crackers.
Easy fajita bowl
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Stir fry a 12-ounce bag of frozen onions and peppers.
- Add a rinsed and drained 15-ounce can of no-salt black beans.
- Season with spices like chile powder or a Southwest blend.
- Top with a sprinkle of shredded cheese or sliced avocado.
In-a-pinch pesto salmon
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees and cook salmon fillets for 7 to 9 minutes, until it flakes easily with a fork.
- Put salmon onto plates and spread with store-bought pesto.
- Serve with a salad of bagged leafy greens and chopped tomato with oil and vinegar.
Want more tips on how to meet your postpartum nutrition needs? Schedule an appointment with a Teladoc registered dietitian. If you’re interested in working with a dietitian, register or log in to your Teladoc account now to get started.
Published May 26, 2022