Chicken noodle soup is delicious, warming you up from the inside out. Plus it offers it all—protein, vegetables, carbohydrates and fat.
Makes 6 servings
Prep: 10 min Cook: 35 min
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ cup minced onion
- ½ cup diced carrots
- ½ cup sliced celery
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken breast
- 6 ounces medium egg noodles, uncooked
- Black pepper, to taste
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat the olive oil.
- Add onion, carrots, celery and garlic. Sauté until tender, about 5 to 6 minutes. Sprinkle the cornstarch and dried oregano over the vegetables and stir to combine. Cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in chicken broth and bay leaf. Bring to a boil and reduce heat.
- Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Add chicken and noodles. Cook, covered, for another 10 minutes or until the noodles are tender.
- Discard the bay leaf. Add black pepper to taste.
(serving size: 1 cup)
Calories: 117; total fat: 3 g; saturated fat: 1 g; sodium: 69 mg; cholesterol: 28 g; total carbs: 13 g; fiber: 1 g; sugars: 2 g; protein: 9 g; potassium 92 mg
Chicken noodle soup is full of protein, vegetables and herbs, which are all part of a well-rounded diet. For more healthy eating tips, check out these easy ways to build a balanced, satisfying salad.
Published February 22, 2023