Here at Teladoc, we’re sometimes asked if our services are meant to replace a member’s relationship with their primary care doctor. And we always stress that a person’s patient-doctor relationship is very important. We’re here to complement the care a person gets from their own doctor — not replace it.
Teladoc is a great way to feel better when your own doctor is unavailable for any number of reasons. Perhaps it’s the middle of the night and you don’t want to leave home. Or, you can’t get an appointment for weeks or days. Being out of town and needing care is another reason people choose Teladoc.
To ensure your primary care doctor stays in your healthcare loop, we’ll send any medical records from your Teladoc visit to them at your request.
Need to talk with a doctor now? Here’s how to get started:
- Request a doctor’s appointment either by phone, video or mobile app
- We’ll search our national network of board-certified doctors that are licensed in your state
- The Teladoc doctor will review your medical records to gain the necessary details for your visit
- Now it’s time for your visit, which has no time limit! Your Teladoc doctor will take all the time necessary to ensure you’re getting great care.
- At the end of your visit, the doctor will determine if you need any prescriptions.
And that’s it — it’s that easy!
This portion of the Teladoc website occasionally offers health, fitness and nutritional information and is provided solely for educational purposes only. You cannot rely on any information provided here as a substitute for or replacement of professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Teladoc cannot assure that the information contained on this site always includes the most recent findings or developments with respect to the particular subject matter covered.
If you ever have any concerns or questions about your health, you should always consult with a physician or other health-care professional. Do not disregard, avoid or delay obtaining medical or health related advice from your health-care professional because of something you may have read on this site. The use of any information provided on this site is solely at your own risk.
If you are in the United States and think you are having a medical or health emergency, call your health care professional, or 911, immediately.