What’s even better than having 24/7 access to Teladoc’s high-quality healthcare services with just a few taps on your smart device or computer? Members tell us they love the “house call-like” comfort of being able to see a doctor without having to leave their home or office.
Our convenient and confidential video call feature is super-easy to use. If you haven’t already downloaded the Teladoc app, go ahead and do this now. And if you haven’t yet registered with Teladoc, you can do this from the app as well; it only takes a couple minutes. Then, to set up the video call, follow these short steps:
- Log in to your account on your smartphone or tablet, and enable push notifications so that you can receive visit alerts and reminders about upcoming visits.
- Select Request a Visit, and tap on the family member who needs help. If you have a Kinsa smart thermometer or the Apple Health app, you can decide whether to upload vital information such as your body temperature, heart rate, and blood pressure.
- Select Video Call. The next screen will give you an estimated wait time so that you can decide the time for your visit. (Tip: You can schedule an appointment up to two days in advance.)
- Provide your primary phone number, the cell number where you want to receive text notifications (this is an optional step), and your email address. (These fields may be pre-populated with information from your profile, so all you have to do is confirm it.)
- Answer a few quick questions about the reason for your visit, and upload up to three images of your condition if necessary.
- Choose a pharmacy in case the doctor needs to prescribe medication for you.
- Review your information and select Confirm.
In a few minutes you’ll receive a “Video Consultation Confirmation” notice via email. It explains how to prepare for the call on your mobile device (using the app) or personal computer. When the doctor is available, you’ll be prompted to “Join Video Now.”
How’s that for ease, comfort, and convenience? In the time it takes to order a cup of coffee, you can see and talk to your doctor 24/7, wherever you are. If you have any questions or difficulties with the video call, just review the troubleshooting tips in the email you received.
The next time you use Teladoc, try the video call option. And remember, our board-certified doctors are available to diagnose and recommend treatment for a variety of non-emergency illnesses including flu, bronchitis, upset stomach, and much more!
The doctor can see you now. Really!
This portion of the Teladoc website occasionally offers health, fitness, and nutritional information and is provided for educational purposes only. You cannot rely on any information provided here as a substitute for or replacement of professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Teladoc cannot assure that the information contained on this site always includes the most recent findings or developments with respect to the particular subject matter covered.
If you ever have any concerns or questions about your health, you should always consult with a physician or other healthcare professional. Do not disregard, avoid, or delay obtaining medical or health-related advice from your healthcare professional because of something you may have read on this site. The use of any information provided on this site is solely at your own risk.
If you are in the United States and think you are having a medical or health emergency, call your healthcare professional, or 911, immediately.