Most Teladoc members say that the #1 convenience of having this healthcare benefit is being able to visit with a doctor, often in less than an hour for general medical concerns. But did you know that you can also share the results of that visit with your primary care physician (PCP)?
Using Teladoc’s app to connect with your doctor as well as manage your account kicks the convenience level up yet another notch. Just follow these easy steps to select your PCP:
- If you don’t already have the Teladoc app, download it now to your smart device.
- In the app, enter your username and password, then tap “Log in.”
- Tap “Request a visit” and select the family member who needs care. If your eligible family members aren’t listed, tap “Add new +.”
- Select the state where you’ll be, how you’d like to connect (phone or video call), preferred time for the call, and your contact information.
- In the “A few more details” section, select the doctor under “Share my visit results with my primary care physician.” If your family’s doctors aren’t listed, tap “Add new.”
That’s all you need to do; Teladoc will take care of the rest—sending diagnosis information, treatment recommendations, and any prescriptions directly to your doctor quickly and confidentially. Coordinated care is healthcare at its best.
The app has other helpful features too:
- Visit reminders
- The ability to sync data you’ve saved in other health apps on your device
- A pharmacy finder to help you select a nearby pharmacy in case the Teladoc physician needs to send a medically necessary prescription
- The option to share up to three photos before a visit
Teladoc is available 24/7 wherever you are, for help treating a wide variety of non-emergency conditions such as springtime allergies, sinus infections, flu, and more. And with the app, we’re always as close as a tap on your phone.
This portion of the Teladoc website occasionally offers health, fitness, and nutritional information and is provided for educational purposes only. You cannot rely on any information provided here as a substitute for or replacement of professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Teladoc cannot assure that the information contained on this site always includes the most recent findings or developments with respect to the particular subject matter covered.
If you ever have any concerns or questions about your health, you should always consult with a physician or other healthcare professional. Do not disregard, avoid, or delay obtaining medical or health-related advice from your healthcare professional because of something you may have read on this site. The use of any information provided on this site is solely at your own risk.
If you are in the United States and think you are having a medical or health emergency, call your healthcare professional, or 911, immediately.