Each spring we typically cast off the winter blahs, spring into cleaning and organizing projects, and spend time outside getting into shape for summer. Just as you (hopefully) get an annual physical or dental check-up, it’s always a good idea to take a moment every now and then to check on your emotional health. If you’re having a hard time shaking off the blues or can’t seem to engage in some of your usual activities, maybe it’s time to talk to someone about how you’re feeling, and whether counseling is in order.
First, let’s uncover some truths about mental health, therapy, and counseling.
Answer these questions:
Did you know that Teladoc has licensed therapists who are available to work with you? If you’re not sure whether you’re ready to take this step, take this short quiz to help you decide:
- Do you have trouble concentrating in school, at work, or at home?
- Are you sleeping a lot or not able to sleep at all?
- Have you lost interest in activities that you normally enjoy?
- Do you feel unusually sad, agitated, irritable, or anxious?
- Do you wish you could just “snap out of it”?
- Have your eating habits changed — are you eating a lot more or barely eating at all?
- Do you feel you’ve lost control of some habits — shopping, gaming, drinking, exercising, gambling, time spent with social media?
- Have you recently experienced a big change in your life — job loss, giving birth, death of a loved one?
- Do you avoid interacting with people you enjoyed being around?
- Do you wish you could just talk to somebody who truly cares and understands?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, Teladoc’s counseling service can help. With Teladoc, you can schedule a visit 7 days a week at a time that works best for you. A therapist, counselor, psychologist, or psychiatrist can provide confidential, compassionate assistance so you don’t even have to visit the doctor’s office. You can lean on Teladoc for support through life’s difficulties.